Re: Boundary Change Effective 2018
Over the past year, the Calgary District Lacrosse Association has been reviewing the club boundaries which have not been reviewed in 15 years. The City of Calgary has grown with new neighbourhoods and a change in demographics in older ones, with the city limits moving outward.
All eight CDLA clubs have been active participants in the Boundary Review process with a representative from each club on the committee. After several meetings over the past year, the committee put forth recommendations to the Board of Directors who voted on the changes this past weekend.
The goal of CDLA Boundary Review was to:
* Realign communities that were separated by a geographic boundary to play together with one club.
* Reduce the size disparity between small and large clubs.
* Improve competitiveness across all clubs.
* Grow the game of lacrosse.
The following boundary changes will take effect immediately for the 2018 season:
1. The communities of Coventry Hills, Country Hills, Harvest Hills, Beddington, Huntington Hills, Thorncliffe, Greenview, Highland Park, Mountainview, Tuxedo Park Crescent Heights, Panorama and Carrington will transfer from the Calgary Hornets to the Calgary Knights.
2. The communities of Ramsay, Ogden, Inglewood and Manchester will transfer from the Calgary Axemen to the Calgary Knights
3. The community of Livingston will transfer from the Rockyview Rage to the Calgary Knights
4. The community of Chestermere will transfer from the Calgary Knights to Strathmore Venom.
5. The boundary line for the High River Heat and the Okotoks Raiders will be 450th Avenue
North Boundary for High River and the South Boundary for Okotoks.
Any Bantam or Midget aged player has the option of remaining with their existing club (2005 aged players and older)
1. A player must declare this prior to the 2018 season and register with that club.
2. Players cannot switch clubs and then return the following year. 2006 age siblings or younger, of players noted above Do Not have the option of remaining with their existing club.
3. Families that wish to have their older child grandfathered with their existing club, will transfer their young child/children to the new club and therefore have children in 2 clubs.
4. If families wish to have all children with one club, they will be required to transfer the older child to the new club.
These decisions have been difficult and we understand there will be challenges for those families affected by the new boundaries. We believe that going forward the new boundaries will create a better playing environment for all within the CDLA. The CDLA will be reviewing its boundaries every two years to be able to keep up with the pace of the growing City of Calgary and surrounding areas.
We would like to thank the Boundary Review Committee for their countless hours volunteered throughout this process.
Should you have any questions, please contact your club directly.
HORNET COMMUNITIES FOR 2018 REGISTRATION:
Arbour Lake, Banff Trail, Bowness, Brentwood, Cambrian Heights, Capital Hill, Charleswood, Citadel, Collingwood, Crestmont, Dalhousie, Edgemont, Evanston, Greenwood/Greenbriar, Hamptons, Hawkwood, Hidden Valley, Highwood, Hillhurst, Hounsfield Heights/Briar Hill, Kincora, MacEwan Glen, Mount Pleasant, Nolan Hill, North Haven, North Haven Upper, Nose Hill Park, Parkdale, Point MacKay, Queens Park V/illage, Ranchlands, Rocky Ridge, Rosedale, Rosemont, Royal Oak, Royal Vista, Sage Hill, Sandstone Valley, Scenic Acres, Sherwood, Silver Springs, St. Andrew Heights, Sunnyside, Tuscany, University Heights, Valley Ridge, Varsity, West Hillhurst.